Sunday, March 22, 2009

WIP


Work in Progress... this little girl is already promised to someone but she has yet to be named... I think I may have one but I don't want to say it out loud just yet (or write it.. whatever the case may be). These yarns are quite nice, I picked them up at a few specialty yarn shops around the island; I try to get as many colors as possible. Then one on the top left is a really bright blue bubbly yarn, the one in the center is like a periwinkle teri yarn with glitter and the little sweetie is made out of a seafoam green yarn that is SUPER soft... it's quite lovely actually!
So I'm loving specialty yarns, especially for the bearlets I do with needle felted limbs. However, I'm really bummed that my local Wal-mart has stopped stocking bernat softee chunky style yarn; now they only have caron super soft (in drab colors), red heart, and Vanna's choice. I've never tried Vanna's choice, do you guys find that it's good? I was a bit peeved because it only comes in these huge skeins and they are more costly than bernat was (the colors are nice though). I think a lot of craft stores are downsizing their yarn selections because of the economy (like I've heard rumors that Joann's is, and Michaels too) which makes me sad because I love a good yarn :) Luckily I have a huge stash of yarn which will last me for many more amigurumi :)

2 comments:

  1. So cute!!! NO to the downsizing of yarn and for any crafts! :( So sad!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That ami bear is so cute! I love the seafoam color especially! :)

    I know what you mean about Wal-Mart not carrying any good yarn. There used to be such variety, but now it's all so blah.

    Vanna's choice is not bad, actually. I've used it to crochet some skully caps. It's pretty soft and smooth to work with. Light years above the scratchy Red Heart stuff.

    Happy yarn hunting!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...