Saturday, August 8, 2009

Just for you Anime fans :D

I will be the first to admit that my favorite genre of movies/television is cartoons; whether it is South Park, Futurama, Family Guy or... Anime! I am very particular about my anime though; for example I really hate anime that features boobalicious girls just for the guys (you know the ones I'm talking about). Its not that I'm a prude, but I really feel like we women have more to contribute to plot and character development than what's attached to our chests! So you might say I am rather selective about which anime I watch.


For those of you out there who are like me (or who just want to watch a really well written, well drawn and hilarious anime), tune in to Skip Beat, which is available for free on crunchyroll.com. It has become *in the span of two weeks* one of my top two favorite anime of all time (the only one beating Skip Beat is Full Metal Alchemist).

The series follows a 16 year old girl, Kyōko Mogami, who is dumped by her superstar boyfriend, Shō Fuwa, after she had given up going to highschool and worked two jobs just to support him. Instead of crying about the breakup, Kyōko vows to get revenge on Shō by breaking into Showbiz. In the process, Kyōko finds that she really has a natural talent for acting, and the amount of heart and hard work she puts into everything she does impresses those around her.


As the main character/ heroine of the series, Kyōko is hilarious; her emotions are often so strong that they can affect the aura of those around her (in one episode where she is feeling particularly venomous after hearing some girls talking badly about her, she turns the room icy!). Kyōko is also really quirky; having grown up with not a lot of possessions, certain things are really dear to her, such as a blue stone given to her by her friend Corn. She also has a penchant for crafting (I wonder why I would like that...), though she mostly she makes little voodoo dolls whom she talks to... hilarious!

If possible, watch the Japanese version of this anime; the voice acting is superb! Be forewarned about watching Skip Beat, though; once you watch one you will not be able to stop!

3 comments:

  1. Holly, I love you- you're soooooo cool!

    (The blonde guy in the 1st pic reminds me of a young David Bowie....)

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! I love you too Nia; so sweet always! David Bowie is actually the evil Sho Fuwa! I think you'll like Skip Beat... it's so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. have you seen the movie akira? love it, if you havent you need to watch it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...