Friday, August 8, 2008

kawaii toys

Japanese companies make such cute things; I always get the best ideas and inspiration from Japanese illustrations and toys! I really wish I could go to Japan for a crafty fun trip, but I don't see it happening anytime soon; I'd probably need a hefty wad of cash for all the good stuff I would find! However, I am very lucky to live in Hawai`i because we do have lots of kawaii stuff from Japan; I got this keychain at Shirokiya at Ala Moana (same place as the rement). It's got a tiny little Mount Fuji in it with little pink cherry blossoms painted on... it makes me want to start making resin goods with fimo inside!


And I was so happy to find this little mamegoma jitter seal box in the candy aisle at Marukai, which has lots of Japanese specialty items and candy; it was the last one! I practically screamed as I grabbed it. There was a possibility of getting 4 different seals, and although they were all cute I really wanted the pink spotted one with a leaf. I got this little one, with a blue mouth and cherry, which is also very cute :) If you pull the cherry out, the little seal wiggles up to get the cherry back... adorable! Hopefully I'll be able to make some cute seals of my own someday...

5 comments:

  1. Awwwww, that little seal is adorable! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adore cute japanese toys and packaging! That seal is too cute! It wiggles when you take the cherry? Perfect cuteness!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i saw your cute little creations on the front page of etsy--so cute! after browsing your shop, though, i think the strawberry is my fav :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, the seal is so cute! You got the last one!? Lucky girl, you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I believe that there is a Japanese amigurumi book on how to crochet several San X characters including Mamegoma. Here is the address if you would like to check it out:
    http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/rilakkuma-and-other-san-x-character-amigurumi--japanese-craft-book

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...