Sunday, July 5, 2009

4th of July




I have to admit, I don't usually do much to celebrate the 4th of July... it's just not high on my priorities list (sacrilege, I know!). However, this year I'm in DC, which is kinda like July 4 headquarters! We ended up going to sit at the Lincoln Memorial (which was uber cool) at 7 and waiting around 2 hours for the fireworks to begin at 9:10. It was pretty crowded and noisy with fellow firework enthusiasts, but once the fireworks began the crowd literally hushed. The fireworks were launched off the reflecting pool in between the Washington Monument and the Lincoln Memorial (the one that Jenny from Forest Gump wades across) and because of that they seemed so huge and so close to us; it was really cool! I had Ray Charles' America the Beautiful playing on loop in my head; it's one of the only patriotic songs that I really love, and it really made the whole event; the fireworks, the crowd, everything... feel really special! Hope you guys had a nice day yesterday too!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the fireworks!!! Have a fun time in DC!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...